Automovil Club ArgentinoEdit profile
The ACA (Automóvil Club Argentino) is Argentina's largest automobile association.
It was founded on June 11, 1904, by Dalmiro Varela Castex, who in 1892 had imported the country's first registered automobile, a Daimler, and in 1894 its second (a De Dion-Bouton). The ACA oversaw the first recorded Argentine auto racing event, in 1906, and became a member of the International Automotive Federation in 1926. It began to develop of national network of service stations following a 1936 agreement with the state oil concern, YPF. Offering its membership cartographic, roadside assistance, insurance and other services, the ACA was inducted into the International Tourism Alliance in 1952.
Its national headquarters, designed in the Rationalist style by local architect Antonio U. Vilar and colaborators Alejandro Bustillo, was completed in 1942 on Buenos Aires' Avenida del Libertador. The building and its automobile museum are Palermo neighborhood landmarks.Races organized by the Club
- Argentine Grand Prix
- Buenos Aires Grand Prix
- Rally Argentina
- 1000 km Buenos Aires
- Argentine motorcycle Grand Prix
- Formula One (Scuderia Achille Varzi)
- Formula Two (Automóvil Club Argentino)
- FIA GT Championship (Escudería ACA Argentina)