Atlas Life BuildingEdit profile
The Atlas Life Building is a historic twelve-story office building in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma. Designed by Rush, Endacott & Rush, the building was completed in 1922. It is located at 415 S. Boston Ave., sandwiched between the Philtower and Mid-Continent Tower. On May 19, 2009 , it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. The building's most recognizable feature is the four-story neon sign above the main entrance, which makes the Atlas Life Building a popular local landmark. The building itself is faced with red brick, with white marble ornamentation concentrated at the third, eleventh, and twelfth floors. At the top is an ornate cornice surmounted by a crouching statue of Atlas. The building is seven bays wide at the base, narrowing to three above the second floor to allow some separation from the taller buildings on either side. The building has an area of 86,231 square feet (8,011.1 m 2). The ground floor of the Atlas Life Building is home to the Tulsa Press Club, Baytide Petroleum and Atlas Grill. The Pearson Group acquired the building in 1997 from Tulsa Public Schools. On January 6, 2006, the building was sold by the Pearson Group to Navajo Properties LLC, a company affiliated with investor Maurice Kanbar. In 2008 Kanbar sold the building to new owners; it is now being adapted for reuse as a Courtyard by Marriott hotel, with a planned opening in June 2010.