Ashburton HouseEdit profile
Ashburton House, also known as St. John's Church Parish House or British Legation, is a house on Lafayette Square in Washington, D.C..
It was the site of 10 months of U.S.-British negotiations leading to the Webster-Ashburton Treaty of 1842. This settled U.S.-Canada border disputes and ended the Aroostook War.
It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1973.