Ash Hill, or Hitching Post Hill, is a two-story brick dwelling erected ca. 1840, and located on Rosemary Lane, in Hyattsville, Prince George's County, Maryland. The house was built by Robert Clark, an Englishman who was seeking space and quiet in contrast to the crowded city of Washington, D.C. In 1875, General Edward Fitzgerald Beale bought the property. Beale entertained luminaries such as President U.S. Grant (a close personal friend who kept his two Arabian horses, Leopard and Linden, stabled at Ash Hill), President Grover Cleveland and Buffalo Bill Cody. The house, with its foot-thick brick walls and hilltop site, is an imposing one, made even more so by the massive pillared porch which surrounds it on three sides. The porch was added by Admiral Chauncey Thomas who purchased the property in 1895.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.