Archbold GymnasiumEdit profile
Archbold Gymnasium is a gymnasium located on the campus of Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York. It was built in 1908 with money donated by John D. Archbold, a major benefactor of the university, who also funded the building of Archbold Stadium, just to the west of the gymnasium (now the site of the Carrier Dome). It served as the home to the men's basketball team until the building of the Manley Field House in 1962, with the exception of the time from January, 1947 to 1949. This was due to a large fire which gutted most of the building. The building was rebuilt from 1948 to 1949, and a southern addition was made in 1952, as well as a neighboring gymnasium (Flanagan Gymnasium), which was built in 1989. The building now houses the school's ROTC programs, as well as the bursar, financial aid services, aerospace studies and undergraduate processing.