Appanoose County CourthouseEdit profile
The Appanoose County Courthouse is located in the center of the Courthouse Square Historic District in the county seat of Centerville, Iowa. The architects were Smith and Gage of Des Moines, Iowa. In February 1903 the contract, exclusive of heating and plumbing, was awarded to William Peatman, the amount of his bid being $69,900. The cornerstone was laid on May 21, 1903. The courthouse was dedicated on September 12, 1904 and rededicated in a festive ceremony on September 12, 2004. The courthouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981.