Amport House, currently the British Armed Forces Chaplaincy Centre (AFCC), is a manor house (at grid reference SU296440 ) in the village of Amport, near Andover, Hampshire. The current house was built near the village of Amport in 1857 by the Marquess of Winchester and replaced two earlier houses built on the site. The gardens were laid out by Sir Edwin Lutyens. During World War II the house was taken over and used as the headquarters of Royal Air Force Maintenance Command. In 1962 the Royal Air Force Chaplains' School moved to Amport House from Dowdswell Court in Cheltenham. The School, which had included a Royal Navy chaplain staff member, became the tri-service Armed Forces Chaplaincy Centre in 1996 on the closure of the regimental Headquarters and depot of the Royal Army Chaplains' Department at Bagshot Park. A converted stable block of the house also holds the The Museum of Army Chaplaincy.