Ammendale Normal Institute
The Ammendale Normal Institute is a U.S. historic location in Beltsville, Maryland. It was a school and novitiate operated by the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools. The Ammendale area is named after Daniel Ammen, a local landowner and naval officer.

History
Also known as "Christian Brothers" and "Ammen Institute," this building had seen several uses over its lifetime. It is mainly known for being a sort of "retirement home" for aging and retired Brothers. In the late 1970s and early 1980s, it was used as a summer day camp for children. The main building suffered a devastating fire in April, 1998. Its ruins stood until late 2006 when what was left of the building was demolished. The nearby St. Joseph's Catholic Chapel is a recognized historic site. There is also a parish cemetery and one for the Brothers.

St. Joseph’s Catholic Chapel
St. Joseph’s Catholic Chapel, built in 1880, is a front-gabled brick chapel with ornate Queen Anne detail. Jigsawn vergeboards adorn the eaves of the principal gable front, the gothic-arch windows are filled with stained glass, and the interior walls and ceilings are sheathed with pressed tin in a pattern of fleurs-de-lis, palmettes, and a rich, multicourse cornice. A large cemetery adjoins the chapel.