Amesbury Friends Meeting HouseEdit profile
The Amesbury Friends Meetinghouse is a Friends Meeting House in Amesbury, Massachusetts. The building was constructed in 1850, with poet John Greenleaf Whittier serving on the building committee. From 1851 to 1962, the meetinghouse hosted the Salem Quarterly meeting. The Amesbury Monthly Meeting of Friends is a current thriving congregation, with Meeting for Worship every Sunday at 10 AM. The facing bench displays a small plaque that reads, "Whittier's Bench."Geography
The meetinghouse is located at 120 Friend Street. Behind the meetinghouse is a town park with a pond and a playground.Current events
In 2002, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
The meetinghouse still hosts an active Quaker congregation, the Amesbury Friends Meeting.