American Thread BuildingEdit profile
The American Thread Building is a historic building located at 260 West Broadway (Manhattan) West Broadway in the TriBeCa neighborhood in lower Manhattan, New York, NY. The eleven story building was designed in the renaissance revival style by architect William B. Tubby, and built in 1896. It was originally known as the Wool Exchange Building, and owned by the Wool Warehouse Company.
The wool company did not succeed and the building was acquired by the American Thread Company in 1907.
The building was renovated into live/work lofts in 1981. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 20, 2005.