Altbach Power Station
Altbach Power Station is a modern power plant of EnBW at Altbach, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. It has an output capacity of 1200 MW electricity and 560 MW heat. The first power plant in Altbach was built in 1899. The precursors of the current power plant went into service in 1950 (unit 1) and in 1956 and 1958 (units 2 and 3). Block 1 was shut down in 1982 and demolished in 1985. Blocks 2 and 3 were shut down and demolished in 1993. Unit 1 was replaced by a new unit in 1985 and units 2 and 3 by a new unit in 1997. Both units have 250 metre tall chimneys.

Retrieved from "" Categories: Power station stubs | German building and structure stubs | Coal-fired power stations in Germany | Buildings and structures in Baden-Württemberg

Building Activity

  • removed a media
    about 5 years ago via