All Saints Church, Siddington
All Saints Church, Siddington is in the village of Siddington, Cheshire, England. The church has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade II* listed building. It is an active Anglican parish church in the diocese of Chester, the archdeaconry of Macclesfield and the deanery of Macclesfield. Its benefice is combined with those of Holy Trinity, Capesthorne and St James', Marton.

There are records of a chapel at Siddington in 1337 and again in 1474. It was consecrated for preaching in 1521. It was originally a timber-framed building. By 1815 the walls were bulging and the timber-framing was strengthened by being enclosed in brick. Restorations were carried out in 1853 and 1894.


The chancel and the south porch retain the original timber-framing. The west wall is painted to appear like timber-framing. The roof is of Kerridge stone slates. The plan of the church consists of a four- bay nave and a two-bay chancel, with a vestry projecting from its north wall, and a south porch. At the west end is a gabled bellcote.

The wooden roofs of the nave and chancel are well preserved, and the nave and chancel are separated by a 14th-century wooden screen. The chancel walls consist of the original timber-framing while the brickwork of the nave is painted to simulate it. All the church fittings are relatively new other than the pulpit which dates from 1633. The gallery at the west end was erected in 1786. The parish registers begin in 1722 and the churchwardens' accounts in 1781. All the church plate was stolen in 1792 and never recovered. A new set was given to the church in 1936 by the Bromley-Davenport family.

External features
In the churchyard are the graves of the Bromley-Davenport family from nearby Capesthorne Hall. Also in the churchyard is a 16th-century cross base which has been listed as Grade II.