Algoma Pierhead LighthouseEdit profile
The Algoma Pierhead lighthouse is a lighthouse located near Algoma in Kewaunee County, Wisconsin.
The lighthouse was first established in 1893 as a set of range lights. It was rebuilt in 1908 at which time it was a conical tower built of 5/16 inch steel plate, 8 feet (2.4 m) in diameter at the base and 7 feet (2.1 m) in diameter at the parapet. It stood 26 feet (7.9 m) high. In 1932 it was modified again and the entire structure was raised to a height of 42 feet (13 m) by placing the older tower on a new steel base 12 feet (3.7 m) in diameter. The original lens has been replaced by a plastic lens.
It is called Algoma Light and listed as number 20975 in the USCG light lists.Images