Abraham Jaquith HouseEdit profile
Abraham Jaquith House was a historic colonial house at 161 Concord Road in Billerica, Massachusetts.History
In 1653 George Farley, built the westernmost portion of the structure. Farley was a clothier, farmer, and early Baptist dissident from the state Congregationalist (Puritan) church. He was a member of the First Baptist Church in Boston. The house was used as a garrison in 1676 during King Philip's War. Abraham Jaquith IV significantly expanded the house around 1725. Jaquith was given the home by Samuel Farley, who was both his wife's cousin and his adopted charge. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. In 2000, building owner Peter Jaquith Casey had the house disassembled and stored in New Hampshire in order to preserve it.