Aberdare HallEdit profile
Coordinates: 51°29′20″N 3°11′02″W / 51.489°N 3.184°W / 51.489; -3.184
Aberdare Hall (Welsh: Neuadd Aberdar) is one of the halls of residence serving students at Cardiff University, Wales. It was built in 1893 with the intention of being an all-female hall, and was the second university residence solely for women in Britain. By 1895 it consisted of the then newly built brick and terra-cotta premises which it still occupies, although much extended and modernised, today. Later on the hall was extended and Library Wing and Garden Wing were created to accommodate more students. It is still a female-only hall.Location
Aberdare is located in Cathays Park, near Cathays proper, and is the closest hall of residence to the main university buildings. It is also near Bute Park, annex buildings to the Welsh Assembly Government and City Hall, Cardiff.