Abbot's HospitalEdit profile
The Hospital of the Blessed Trinity, better known as Abbot's Hospital, is a Jacobean building founded by George Abbot, the Archbishop of Canterbury (1611–1633), in 1619. It is situated on the High Street in Guildford, and is opposite the Holy Trinity Church, where George Abbot is buried.
Owners of the hospital, which is now town centre accommodation and has been for some 400 years, launched a Heritage Appeal in 2004 to raise some £564,000 for much needed restoration work, to repair damage after years of continual use since 1619.
The Hospital can currently house up to 26 residents, originally Abbot’s accommodated only single people but a new block, built within the grounds in 1984, now enables 7 couples to be housed.