Abbazia della MisericordiaEdit profile
The Church of the Abbey of Misericordia (Italian: Santa Maria dell'Abbazia della Misericordia or Santa Maria di Valverde) is a religious edifice in Venice, Italy, in the sestiere Cannaregio.
It was founded in the 10th century. The façade was restored in 1659 by the patrician Gaspare Moro. It is decorated by allegoric statues, including a bust of Moro, all work by Clemente Moli. On the right is a 14th century bas-relief depicting the Madonna with Child.
The church was in dismaying condition in the 19th century, and was restored until 1864. It is adiacent to the Scuola vecchia della Misericordia.
Coordinates: 45°26′37.95″N 12°20′6.59″E / 45.443875°N 12.3351639°E / 45.443875; 12.3351639