A. H. Stephens Historic Park

A.H. Stephens Historic Park is a 1,177 acre (4.76 km²) Georgia state park located in Crawfordville. The park is named for Alexander Hamilton Stephens, the Vice President of the Confederate States of America, and a former Georgia governor. The park contains Stephens' home, Liberty Hall, which has been fully restored to its original 1875 style. The park's museum houses one of Georgia's largest collections of Civil War artifacts. The park also offers several mill ponds for fishing and nature trails.

The park is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as A. H. Stephens Memorial State Park. It includes 4 contributing sites, 12 contributing structures, and one other contributing object. It includes Colonial Revival and Rustic Style architecture. The Liberty Hall, also known as Bachelor's Hall, built in 1834, is one of the structures, and is separately listed on the NRHP.

Facilities
  • 25 Tent/Trailer/RV Sites
  • 4 Cottages
  • Group Camp
  • Pioneer Camping
  • 3 Picnic Shelters
  • Group Shelter
  • Swimming Pool
Annual events
  • Junior/Senior Fishing Rodeos (June)
  • Christmas on Lake Liberty (December)
  • Victorian Christmas Program (December)

Building Activity

  • Georgi Sokolov
    Georgi Sokolov activity.buildings_person.create
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com