62 Castle Street is a Grade II listed building located on the west side of Castle Street, Liverpool. It was built in 1868 for the Alliance Bank and was later occupied by the North and South Wales Bank and most recently by the Midland Bank. The building was designed by the architects Lucy and Littler and features a domed banking hall with paired corinthian columns. The two bays to the right of the building are a matching addition, designed by G E Grayson.
After the Midand Bank had relocated to the northern end of the street, the building was converted by Liverpool business man Wayne Rose in 1986, at the age of 23, into a bar, restaurant and a 4 star rated 20 bed all suite hotel, known as Trials Hotel due to its close proximity to the Queen Elizabeth Law Courts. The building was bought by Centre Island Hotels in 2004 and refurbished to its current condition as a boutique hotel. Liverpool.