205 Yonge Street
205 Yonge Street was formerly a four-storey Bank of Toronto building built in 1905 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act in 1975. The E.J. Lennox structure has a domed roof and Corinthian columns on the front, and is an example of neo-classical architecture. It is currently closed to the public, and is in the process of being refurbished, with 17,423 square feet (1,618.6 m 2) of space. Next door at 197 Yonge Street is another historic site. The gap between the two site was once the Colonial Tavern, which was closed in the 1970s and demolished. The two buildings are located on the east side of Yonge Street, across from the Toronto Eaton Centre, and a few feet north of the Elgin and Winter Garden Theatres. 205 Yonge was once home to the Toronto Historical Board, a city agency that was in charge of protecting historic sites in Toronto. It left the building in 1998 when the agency was revamped into Heritage Toronto