1841 Goshen CourthouseEdit profile
The 1841 Goshen Courthouse is located along Main Street (NY 207) in the center of Goshen, New York, the seat of Orange County, New York, USA. It was designed by popular local architect Thornton Niven in a Greek Revival style, meant to be a twin of the one he had already built in Newburgh, which at that time shared seat duties with the larger city.
It was used as a courthouse until 1970, when the recently-constructed Orange County Government Center made more space available. It was individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. It is also a contributing property to the Church Park Historic District.
Today it houses the archives of the Orange County Genealogical Society.